At one point, this nifty piece of shareware was the fourth highest selling program on the Internet. It's been in the Palmtop/Psion Files library in Compuserve for about 8 years now and has had nearly 10,000 accesses. French
With over 2000 registrations, people seem to like it too. Read Steve Litchfield's glowing review. German and French now supported.
What it does:
* Converts all Imperial/Metric/US units including length, weight, area, volume/capacity, speed, pressure, fuel consumption, flow rates, pressure, power etc.
* Converts all world currencies, with ISO codes, auto home currency adjust, 1 home =?? foreign as well as 1 foreign=?? home as used in Germany.
* Number formats, VAT calculator, temperature, fractions, Hex, area, surface area, volume, printing, lists, clothing tables and programmable option.
* User defined section for registered users. Multiple entries for weight and length. e.g. 2cwt, 4st, 5.6lbs, 456oz = 142.47 kilos or 314.1 lbs or 22.44 st or .14 UK tons
* Jetzt auf Deutsch, et maintenant aussi en Français - with improved user section.
What You Said:
I love your conversion calculator. I work for a swiss company that makes machinery. I am an electronic technician that installs the electric/electronic part of the machine. We also have mechanics that install the machine. The machines are designed in metric. These mechanics need to know how many cfm's of air for the American pipefitters to make. The machines are in metric liters per second. Well the mechanics blow a mind fuse when they have to convert the values. They will call me to convert metric items. Brilliant program! - Robert A. West
Yours is the most outstanding utility program I have met in over three months of net surfing for Psion software. - Paolo Esini
I encountered the message "Roy, you're being childish" on Convert last night. A programer with a sense of humour eh! It took me several hours to stop chuckling about you anticipating this sort of entry - brilliant....as I've said to you before the program is well worth the registration fee, but I wasn't aware of the 'added value' features. - Roy A. Mackay
It's not often a program makes me laugh -- cry, yes; laugh, no -- but "This is a biggie" did the trick. - Richard Harris
I'm a sysop in one of the private forums on CompuServe and have recently bought a Psion 3A. I downloaded your CONVERT program from the Palmtop forum and think it is great. So great that I went to SWREG and registered it. So great that I have uploaded it into the Utilities section of our forum. - Jerry Ree
I wish I had had this program years ago! I own a Jet ranger helicopter 206 B, the converter prog is handy. - Zander Williamson
...it continues to get better and better, I didn't think that was possible - it's still one of only two programmes which are indespensable to this duffer. - Mike Lambert
Congratulations on a very nicely done bit of software. It's the most useful extra thing, by far, on my Psion! - Pip Eastop